For as much time and effort that I put into my clients, I like to keep my makeup routine pretty quick and simple. I felt like I had a pretty good grip on getting my makeup on and getting out the door lickity split. But on a recent trip to the Burberry store, I found myself second guessing my routine that I cling to so closely. My friend Connie introduced me to the new Burberry Beauty line. I've worn a lipstick of theirs before, but never really put too much thought into the rest of the line. Within minutes of playing and swatching I wanted to take home one of everything (I am particularly in love with the foundation and concealer). The formulas are AMAZING and make it so simple to get achieve an effortless look in a few easy steps.
You have to make an appointment with Connie - she is an expert in all things Burberry Beauty and cute as a button. Most important - she can customize an "effortless beauty" look for you. The line is a bit on the pricey side, but if you are going to invest in anything, I say go for the Sheer Luminous Fluid Foundation and Concealer. They're positively dreamy!
1. Using a small kabuki brush, apply a thin layer of Sheer Luminous Fluid foundation. The brush will blend it into the skin easily and flawlessly.
2. Apply Sheer Luminous Conealer to under-eye at the inner corner of your eye, sweeping outwards to your temple (like a Nike Swoosh). Pat in and blend out with your middle and ring fingers.
3. Set the foundation with Sheer Luminous Silk Powder and apply Light Glow Natural Blush in Earthy along your cheek bones.
4. Trace your lower lash line using Golden Brown Eye Definer Pencil. Create a thicker line on top of the lid and blend out with your finger to the intensity you desire. I blended until there was a subtle sheen left.
5. Finish with Mascara and Lip Cover in Nude Beige.